With our lives about to begin on a new journey, I can't picture it being anything but chaotic. The idea
though, is to mask the chaos by doing it all with just a little touch of charisma.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Update on Adrian and Nolan- 5 weeks

This is going to be quick-

We are working on breast feeding with the boys and man is it tiring!! I spend most of my day at the hospital just trying to get these babies to suck on the teet. They have both done well once but every other time they have either been too sleepy or just not interested. It's fun being able to hang out with them though.

The boys have such different personalities. Adrian is super chill and super wiggly. He likes just hanging out with his mom and dad but he is always kicking and grabbing whatever he can, including his oxygen tube. It makes nursing really hard because his hand will somehow break free from his blanket and before you know it he has ripped his tube out! I was sweating today because I was getting such a workout just trying to feed him. He is quite entertaining and so cute. He definitely makes me work, though:)
Nolan is sooo laid back. He will be wide awake, looking around and smiling and his whole body will be limp. He is the happiest little baby. Unless you change his diaper or touch him with anything cold, then he let's out the saddest little cry. I love hanging out with his cute little self.

As much as I love hanging out with my sweet, handsome little guys I hate being at the NICU. It is such a stressful place to be. Having screaming babies all over the place, nurses that didn't get the memo about your baby's special needs, and an attending that makes you feel like it's your fault their not breast feeding all make it a pretty crappy place to be. You can tell that Adrian and Nolans new environment, which is full of noise is really taking a toll on them. They have rarely had enough energy to keep their eyes open, let alone suck on a boobie. I hope some of these babies go home soon so that the boys can get more rest to learn how to eat. If they learn how to eat and Nolan can ween down from his oxygen a little, they can come home! We are still a few weeks away but I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment